Fritz Studer AG, established in 1912, is a market and technology leader in universal, external and internal cylindrical grinding as well as noncircular grinding. With around 24,000 delivered systems, STUDER has been synonymous with precision, quality and durability for decades.
The name STUDER stands for hardware, software, system integration and Swiss quality service. With a customized complete solution for each grinding task, the customer also receives our knowledge and know-how about the grinding process. The STUDER logo has been a seal of quality for first-class results for decades. We ensure that The Art of Grinding remains closely linked to our name in the future. STUDER has 100 years of experience in the development and manufacture of precision cylindrical grinding machines.
- Expertise and practical experience in high-speed and form grinding
- Fully automatic grinding systems (including loaders, measuring systems, special clamping systems etc. from many different manufacturers)
- "Granitan" machine bed – a pioneering role in the manufacture of mineral castings
- Around 100 staff in research and development for machines, software and user-specific problem solutions
- Own technology center for tests and grinding trials (also for preliminary clarifications and definition of customer processes and grinding technologies etc.)
- Worldwide sales network
- Comprehensive service provider – consultation and service with around 100 staff, active in Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Great Britain, Turkey, Japan and China
- Own training centre for the training of customers and representations on all STUDER products in at least four languages
- Traditionally proven approach based on a strict quality codex, combined with state-of-the-art methods (ISO 9001, VDA6.4)
STUDER and the SCHAUDT and MIKROSA brands together represent the cylindrical grinding technology group within UNITED GRINDING Group.
The UNITED GRINDING Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of precision machines for grinding, eroding, laser, measuring and combination machining with a turnover of around 700 million euro. With around 2,500 employees at more than 20 production, service and sales locations, the Group is a powerful and customer-oriented organization.
With its eight company brands MÄGERLE, BLOHM, JUNG, STUDER, SCHAUDT, MIKROSA, WALTER and EWAG UNITED GRINDING offers a broad application knowledge, an extensive product portfolio and a complete array of services for surface and profile grinding, cylindrical grinding and tool processing.
The tradition of the group companies goes back more than one hundred years, during which more than 150,000 machines were manufactured and delivered throughout the world. This longstanding experience and broad technological expertise make the UNITED GRINDING Group a reliable and competent solution provider for complex manufacturing tasks.
The innovative technologies of the companies in the UNITED GRINDING Group have a broad range of applications, from single part to mass production, from small businesses to large corporations, and are used in a wide range of industries. Key areas are the automotive and supplier industry, medical, aerospace industry, tooling, die and mold, transportation & heavy industry, machine manufacturers, energy and precision engineering.
Our top priority in all that we do is to contribute to our customers' success.