Fritz Studer AG, established in 1912, is a market and technology leader in universal, external and internal cylindrical grinding as well as noncircular grinding. With around 24,000 delivered systems, STUDER has been synonymous with precision, quality and durability for decades.
The STUDER name is synonymous with hardware, software, system integration and service in top Swiss quality. With a complete customized solution for every grinding task, the customer also benefits from our knowledge and expertise in relation to the grinding process. The STUDER logo has long been considered a seal of quality for first-class results worldwide. We will also ensure that the "Art of Grinding" remains closely associated with our name in the future. STUDER has 100 years of experience in the development and manufacture of precision cylindrical grinding machines.
- Expertise and practical experience in high-speed and form grinding
- Fully automatic grinding systems (including loaders, measuring systems, special clamping systems etc. from many different manufacturers)
- "Granitan" machine bed – a pioneering role in the manufacture of mineral castings
- Around 100 staff in research and development for machines, software and user-specific problem solutions
- Own technology center for tests and grinding trials (also for preliminary clarifications and definition of customer processes and grinding technologies etc.)
- Worldwide sales network
- Comprehensive service provider – consultation and service with around 100 staff, active in Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Great Britain, Turkey, Japan and China
- Own training center for training customers and agents in all STUDER products in at least four languages
- Traditionally proven approach based on a strict quality code, combined with the use of cutting-edge methods (ISO 9001, VDA6.4)
STUDER and the SCHAUDT and MIKROSA brands together represent the cylindrical grinding technology group within UNITED GRINDING Group.
With a turnover of around 700 million euros, the UNITED GRINDING Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of precision machines for grinding, eroding, lasering, measuring and combination machining. With around 2,500 employees at more than 20 production, service and sales locations, the Group has a customer-oriented and efficient organization.
With its eight company brands MÄGERLE, BLOHM, JUNG, STUDER, SCHAUDT, MIKROSA, WALTER and EWAG, UNITED GRINDING offers a broad application knowledge, an extensive product portfolio and a complete array of services for surface and profile grinding, cylindrical grinding and tool machining.
The tradition of the group companies goes back more than one hundred years, during which more than 150,000 machines were manufactured and delivered throughout the world. This longstanding experience and broad technological expertise make the UNITED GRINDING Group a reliable and competent solution provider for complex manufacturing tasks.
The innovative technologies of the companies in the UNITED GRINDING Group have a broad range of applications, from single part production through to mass production, from small businesses to large corporations, and are used in a wide variety of industries. Key areas are the automotive and supplier industry, medical, aerospace industry, tooling, die and mold, transportation & heavy industry, machine manufacturers, energy and precision engineering.
Our top priority in all that we do is to contribute to our customers' success.